[ Solutions to problems 1 2
3 4 5
6 | Lecture
7 | Home | Instructor
Lecture 7: Exercises
Suggestions for further reading
- Delta function: Arfken (chap. 8.7)
- Fourier transformation: Arfken (chap. 15)
Questions for Review
- What is the Delta function? How can it be visualized?
- What are the properties of the Delta function? How is it related to
the Heaviside step function?
- How is the Fourier transform defined?
- How do you recover the original function from its Fourier transform?
What is the inversion theorem?
- Remember the most important properties of the Fourier transform. In
- Fourier transform of f(ax+b)
- consequences of symmetries (Fourier transform of real functions, even/odd
- convolution theorem
- Fourier transform of derivatives
- Parseval equation
- What is the Fourier transform of the Delta function?
- What is the Fourier transform of 1?