Almost all reference databases have the - buttons. They lead to article full texts, if available. In case there is no licensed or free fulltext you get further information e. g. request the fulltext by delivery service.
All licensed databases and journals are accessible from within the IP range of the institute without login data. SFX only works within the IP range of the institute.
To support your research you can contact the Central Information Service of the MPS CPT Section or the Central Information Retrieval Service
of the BM Section.
Information about reference management systems you find here.
Relevant licensed databases
- CSA Illumina contains over 40 field-specific databases and selected web-resources, covering natural sciences, social sciences, and the humanities.
- CAS/SciFinder provide access to some databases e. g. Chemical Abstracts.
- Ebsco Host - Academic Search Premier is a multi-disciplinary database which provides full text for more than 4,600 journals.
- OVID Database Server is an interface integrating some high-quality subject databases; e.g. Medline and PsycInfo.
- Scopus (Elsevier) is a multidisciplinary abstract and citation database of research literature and quality web sources. Quick, easy and comprehensive, Scopus provides superior support of the literature research process.
- Springer Materials The Landolt-Börnstein Database is the world's largest resource for physical & chemical data in materials science.
- STN-Easy Intranet provide access to some databases e. g. chemistry databases from CAS and INSPEC : Physics Abstracts.
- Web of Knowledge is a multi disciplinary databases with Conference Proceedings, Current Contents Connect, BIOSIS Previews, Inspec, Medline, Zoological Record and Journal Citation Report, incl. Journal Impact Factors.
Disseration & Thesis
- Dissertation & Thesis (Proquest) database with predominant american and canadian dissertations and theses.
- DissOnline interface for electronic german dissertations and theses.
- Qucosa Saxonian document and publication server of University and State libraries which provide free access to e.g. theses, dissertations and final thesis (Bachelor, Magister, Diploma, Master)
Search Engines, Open Access Repositories
- arXiv is a very large and well-known repository for preprints and postprints in physics, mathematics, computer science, quantitative biology and statistics.
- BASE is a search engines especially for scientific open access documents on the internet.
- e-doc Server is the institutional archive of the MPS.
- Google Scholar Google Search Engines for scientific publications.
- Virtual Library (VLib) is a MPS-specific portal to internal and external resources. All centrally licenced databases are integrated as well as free databases, library catalogs, e-print server and journal collections.
Free access databases
- ARI Bibliographical Database for Astronomical References offers access to books and essays in the area of astronomy
and astrophysics and and their peripheries. The database corresponds to the subject bibliography „Astronomy and Astrophysics Abstracts" (without abstracts)
- Astrophysics Data System Abstract Service provides a gateway to the online Astronomy and Physics literature.
- Astronomy Image Explorer was populated with hundreds of thousands of images published in the journals of the American Astronomical Society.
- Atomic and Molecular Bibliographic Data System – AMBDAS he database contains records in the area of nuclear physics.
- Atomic Transitions Probability – Bibliographic Databases currently contains 8838 references, dating from 1914
through 2014 and is updated regularly. This database contains references to publications that include numerical data, comments, and reviews on atomic transition probabilities (oscillator strengths,
line strengths, or radiative lifetimes), and is part of the collection of the NIST Atomic Spectroscopy Data Center.
- Cern Document Server, Sever and Library Catalogue of the Centre Européen de Recherche Nucleaire with focus on partical physics, nuclear physcis
and their peripheries.
- Computer Index of Nulear Reaction Data – CINDA contains bibliographic references to measurements, calculations, reviews, and evaluations of
neutron cross-sections and other microscopic neutron data; it also includes index references to computer libraries of numerical neutron data available from four regional neutron data centers. Since 2005, database is
extended by photonuclear and charged particle reaction data.
- Experimental Nuclear Reaction Data – EXFOR contains an extensive compilation of experimental nuclear reaction data.
- INSPIRE ecorded more than 600.000 papers of the field of high energy physics: articles, preprints, electronic texts, technical reports, conference papers,
dissertations publishing since 1974. Its a project of CERN, DESY, Fermilab and SLAC.
- Mikulski Archive for Space Telescope – MAST project to support and provide to the astronomical community a variety of astronomical data archives,
with the primary focus on scientifically related data sets in the optical, ultraviolet, and near-infrared parts of the spectrum.
- Meetings on Atomic Engery – MoAE listing of current and planned conferences, symposia, seminars, exhibitions and training courses related to
nuclear energy and its peaceful uses. This on-line edition is updated regularly and features the most current information available to the IAEA.
- National Nuclear Data Center – NNDC collects, evaluates, and disseminates nuclear physics data for basic nuclear research and for applied nuclear technologies.
The NNDC is a worldwide resource for nuclear data.
- NPL Publications Databases/ National Physical Laboratory recorded the publications of the NPL since 1993, especially the NPL Reports which
can be partially downloaded.
- Nuclear Science Abstract – NSA View is a comprehensive collection of international nuclear science and technology literature for the period 1948 through
1976, pre-dating the prestigious INIS database, which began in 1970.
- Nuclear Science References – NSR is a bibliography of nuclear physics articles, indexed according to content and spanning more than 100 years of research.
Over 80 journals are checked on a regular basis for articles to be included.
- Photon Cross- Sections Bibliography resented of papers reporting absolute measurements of photon (XUV, x-ray, gamma-ray, bremsstrahlung) total
interaction cross sections or attenuation coefficients for the elements and some compounds.
- Physical Reference Data Access to more than 30 free access databases and on-line dictionaries in the area of physics.
- Sciencegate Access to scientific publications from more than 1.400 universties which can partially downloaded.
- Spectroscopynow.com is an open access ressource in the area of spectroscopy.
- Superconductivity Papers Databasecovers mostly the articles on superconductivity appeared after 1987 in 20 - 50 s cientific journals including review papers.
- Britannica is the database of the enzyclopedia.
- Jurion jurisprudential database for Germany.
- PubMed offers free access to the bibliographic data of Medline as well as to articles of selected journals within the range of the life sciences and to Medline-In-Process data.